Saturday, November 15, 2014

Background Experience

     Over the past month, I have been working as almost a second Mr. Dugan with the bands at North Hall Middle School. I have worked on building the students as individual players by working with them one-on-one, as well as working with them as entire bands. During our off time, me and Mr. Dugan talk about what he does when he's not working with a band (i.e.. choosing music, lesson plans, grades, etc.). We have discussed giving me opportunities to work on conducting with the older bands.
     I have applied what I have learned in my Symphonic Band class to my work at the middle school. Watching Mr. Carwile (director of bands at NHHS) work has showed me how a rehearsal should be run. I have been in Symphonic Band, which is the advanced band class, for all 4 years of high school and I have seen the growth my friends and I have made and I hope I can make that growth happen in one year at the middle school.

No comments:

Post a Comment