Sunday, October 19, 2014

Perception

     Before I started my internship in law, I thought of law as a challenge that would grab my interest. Now that I've been in it for a couple months, I've lost some that fiery interest. My brain is wired to come up with weird ideas and just be creative. What I have done so far has not at all allowed me to use any of my brain. I have just been sitting alone in my office researching various projects and programs to start at the CLC. While I have some mild control over how to develop the projects, I feel very confined to what I've been told to do and I don't have any room to branch out. The most surprising thing thus far has been that I am starting to feel like maybe I should look into a field that I can really use my creativity in such as marketing.
     The "boring parts" of my mentorship up to this point have actually been doing my real job at the office. Research to me is like grinding a cheese grader against my head. My breaks are getting to document and scan closed cases. Doing this helps out the office a lot because its work that tends to pile up because its generally deemed unimportant. It does feel good to know I've helped out in that respect at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment