Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Partners in Education

     As far as my education goes, working at the CLC has given me more valuable "real life" lessons than what I have learned in years of public education. Instead of standard school lessons about measurements, language skills, or how to mix chemicals, I've learned how the real legal system works. Granted I've not yet acquired the ability to defend someone in court, but I have the best "intro-to-law" teacher anyone could have.
     Arturo has given me the task of developing his "inner-CLC small businesses" if you will. I have finished development on a system of administering the GED exam to non-citizens. At the moment, because October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, I'm working on creating a program to provide consultations and legal help to victims of domestic violence. I've a laundry list of other projects, but I've thoroughly looked into those two so far.
     Now all that being said, I have had spoke mixed feelings about the field of law. I find contracts fascinating and I believe I would make a good litigator, but at the same time, I feel very constricted in the way of creativity. My mind is always thinking up goofy ideas, some of them good, some of them bad, but I don't see how i could use those ideas in law. I'll see what I think as I learn more about the field but right now, I'm thinking that this could possibly not be the field of study for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment